Today’s transformative innovation is tomorrow’s core business. Creating new sources of growth is a critically important task for any company’s future. But managing transformative innovation is hard and doesn’t come naturally to large, established enterprises. All of the strategies, processes and reward/recognition systems that help these companies optimize their business are often barriers to embracing transformative innovation.
Getting transformative innovation right can deliver powerful advantages:
- A series of new businesses that can deliver the growth beyond today’s core business
- Business model innovation that can provide new competitive advantages
- Entrepreneurial skills that provide speed and agility
- An improved ability to leverage the innovation ecosystem
Building Transformative Capabilities
Venture2 helps our clients create new sources of growth by building enduring capability for transformative innovation. Most companies’ transformative innovation organizations and initiatives are short-lived. Our approach is different. We help you develop capabilities for transformative innovation that are unique and distinct from core innovation capabilities, while approaching them both as part of an ‘interdependent’ system that must be co-managed. It’s ambidextrous innovation re-imagined, through a systems-thinking approach and powered by the disruptive power of the startup ecosystem.
Venture2’s transformative innovation services include:
- Creating organizational and process design for transformative innovation and new business creation
- Addressing the right approach to new business incubation, inside or outside your ‘four walls’
- Establishing decision and funding models appropriate for transformative innovation
- Developing entrepreneurial mindsets and behaviors necessary to support breakthrough and transformative innovation
- Adopting lean startup methods for the enterprise
- Engaging the organization with venture challenges for creating and driving breakthroughs
- Executing jumpstart and acceleration programs to rapidly validate new venture opportunities